The Ann Arbor Figure Skating Club (AAFSC) was established in 1939 to encourage and develop the sport of figure skating in the community, and is one of the largest skating clubs in the country. The club is located in one of the nicest facilities in the region, the Ann Arbor Ice Cube. We offer group lessons and individual coaching in all aspects of skating - basic skills, free skating, moves in the field, pairs, dance, and synchronized teams. We teach all levels, from beginning to advanced, for all ages from 3 to 93.
AAFSC is a member of US Figure Skating, which in turn belongs to the International Skating Union. These organizations lead highly talented skaters through regional, sectional and national competition, and on to
international competitions, the World Championships and the Olympic Games.
We host major competitions and shows which bring in 200 to 2,000 skaters each plus their coaches, parents, spouses, siblings and friends. The AAFSC has several ways for you to advertise your local business to our visitors.
In addition, many members of the AAFSC community serve as officials and on Committees for the USFSA and PSA organizations.
AAFSC Mission Statement
- To promote, foster and encourage full participation in the growth and development of figure skating
- To encourage and assist amateur figure skating and participation in local and international competition
- To educate and inform the public of all aspects of the benefits to be derived from figure skating
- To maintain a club that will provide membership for individuals
interested in the promotion of educational activities concerning figure
- To take all steps necessary to promote amateur figure skating in the State of Michigan
For more information about how you can join the club or become involved in skating, please call the AAFSC office at 734-213-6768 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.